There’s no way you can reach your goals without one important ingredient: Perseverance. Everybody faces challenges. It’s having perseverance that pulls you through. What does perseverance mean to you? To me it means:
- Sticking to your goals no matter what it takes.
- Never giving up.
- Hanging in there when the going gets tough -- and it will!
- Not allowing negative, outside influences get the best of you.
- Using positive “self-talk” and visualizing your goals.
- Putting forth the best effort you can muster at any one time.
- Striving for your best outside of class: at home, in school, with your friends and family as well as in your community.
- Giving that “little bit more”: throwing one more kick, punch or doing one more technique -- even when you’re tired and don’t feel like it.
- Practicing your forms at home.
I want you to use perseverance when working on your forms. When you have the habit of great perseverance, you’ll reach your goals that much faster!